Editor’s Note: This website is not designed to, and should not be construed to, provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion or treatment to you or any other individual, and is not intended as a substitute for medical or professional care and treatment.
If you have prostate problems, check with your doctor first to see if prostate massage is ideal or potentially harmful for your condition.
Ever thought about a prostate (self-)massage? Why not?
Massaging the prostate can increase blood flow, move stagnant fluid and provide an incredible orgasm.
The prostate is essentially the male G-spot.
Tantric philosophy considers the G-Spot a man’s emotional sex center. Massaging the man’s prostate can release tremendous amounts of emotional and physical stress.
I think we don’t talk about the prostate too much because it is a subject men seem to be squeamish about.
When I had a nutritional practice, all of my conversations about the prostate were with men who hoped that it would cease to be an issue, and with their wives, who hoped their husbands would just take care of it.
So, what’s the problem?
One is the growing number of men who live with an enlarged prostate, decreased sensation and/or erectile dysfunction. Aside from taking medications, they have no idea what else can be done for the gland.
The other problem is that culturally, men are taught that any kind of stimulation of the prostate is slipping a bit left of the heterosexual side of things.
A little bit of knowledge can go a long way towards dispelling some taboos and creating comfortable ground for discussing this all-important part of the male anatomy. While prostate massage is not a cure for anything, it can certainly increase pleasure and stimulate a stagnant flow of energy/prostate fluid.
Did you know:
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland between the bladder and the penis, located just in front of the rectum.
The urethra runs through the center of the prostate, from the bladder to the penis, letting urine flow out of the body.
About a third of the man’s penis is hidden inside the man’s body. Touching that part of the penis is a way to bring an unexpected pleasure to one’s lover.
The prostate secretes fluid that nourishes and protects sperm. During ejaculation, the prostate squeezes this fluid into the urethra, and it’s expelled with sperm as semen.
One of the most important functions of the prostate is that it filters toxins to protect the sperm and maximize its quality before impregnation.
The prostate gland sits just underneath the bladder and is the center for sensuality and pleasure in men.
A feel-good function of the prostate is the pumping that occurs during ejaculation.
Combining masturbation with massage (with the help of a partner) can lead to an exceptionally intense orgasm.
Milking the Prostate
Because the anus and genital area is rich with highly sensitive nerve endings, stimulating this area can be highly arousing.
Note that you will not be touching the prostate directly as it is tucked in behind the rectal wall. The sensation when touched or pressed is similar to that experienced at ejaculation.
Be sure to move slowly and gently to avoid any damage to the gland.
*Check with a health provider first if you are experiencing serious prostate issues. A detailed list of precautions can be found below.
Prepare for the massage by following a few simple steps:
1. Have a warm shower or bath, both as a relaxation technique and for cleanliness. If desired, an enema or anal douche can be performed for extra cleanliness.
2. Fantasizing about the massage ahead of time is also a way to prepare mentally.
3. Make sure that the giver has clean, short, smoothly filed nails and/or is wearing well-fitting latex gloves.
4. Have plenty of water-based lubricant available.
1. The receiver should be undressed and sitting in a comfortable position with his back supported and reclined. His knees will be pulled towards his chest and angled outward. The giver should be in a comfortable position as well with visible access to the genitals and anus.
2. A lower body massage is a nice way to relax the receiver, while maintaining eye contact.
3. When the receiver is relaxed and aroused sufficiently, the giver will lubricate the anus, and in a lengthy, pleasurable massage of the anus, allow the receiver to feel the pleasure of being touched in this area.
4. Talk to each other and keep eye contact, a mutual connection is important for the receiver to feel safe and relaxed.
5. Patiently, using pressure from the pad of your finger, never the fingertip, and with as much lubrication as is needed, gently slide the finger inside the anus. Give the sphincter time to adjust to the inserted finger by keeping still for a moment or two, while the receiver relaxes further.
6. Locate the prostate. Crook the finger upwards and when you feel a roundish oblong protrusion located two inches in the rectum, you will have found it.
7. Apply gentle pressure to the gland to produce several sensations. The most desirable of all sensations is that of imminent ejaculation. By applying less or more pressure to the gland, the giver is able to control the sensations.
8. The penis can be massaged by the receiver or the giver to the point where the receiver is almost ejaculating. The varying pressure applied on the prostate will keep the ejaculation sensation on a brink.
9. When in the arousal cycle, the giver can start rhythmically moving the finger out and in. This will stimulate the super sensitive nerve endings that surround the anus. When the experience is at the resolution phase, eye contact is important.
10. At this stage, the receiver can masturbate while the giver is gently milking the gland or the giver can perform both functions. Communication is key, whatever verbal cues the lovers are comfortable with are a good way to increase pleasure and connection.
11. If milking without masturbation is desired, the giver will simply gently stroke each lobe of the prostate until the receiver experiences a gentle flow of semen.
In a facing away position, the receiver will be on his elbows and knees resting comfortably with the giver behind them and with a clear view of the anus and genitals. In this position, the giver could also reach between the legs of the receiver to stimulate the genitals.
Prostate massage can be a new and rich experience for lovers who either wish to increase pleasure during lovemaking or for a healthful rejuvenation of the gland itself.
Precautions for milking the prostate:
Prostate milking requires very careful manipulation. The action can cause perforation of the thin prostate gland, which can result in permanent damage to the prostate.
Men suffering from acute prostatis should not utilize prostate massage because it can result in blood poisoning. However, those with chronic prostatis are able to use massage safely.
Milking can also cause hemorrhoid problems, such as periprostatic hemorrhage. Excessive internal milking can also irritate the lining of the rectum and trigger development of hemorrhoids. If you have hemorrhoids or are concerned about developing them, you should speak with your doctor before milking.
Men with prostatic calculi are at risk for tearing or scratching the membrane of the prostate gland if they milk their prostate. Prostatic calculi are small, gritty stones that form in the prostate gland and milking would cause the stones to rub against the tender gland.
Men suffering from prostate cancer should avoid milking because it can cause cancer cells to spread to other parts of the body.
References & Further Reading:
Elaine N. Marieb. Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology.
Phyllis and James Balch. Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing.
Health Spot Centre for Alternative Healing.
White Lotus East website.
What Every Man (& Woman) ought to Know about Male Orgasm.
Author: Monika Carless
Editors: David Lewis / Renée Picard
Images: via Kim at Flickr / Wiki Commons
Read 2 comments and reply