Today’s talk is inspired by Waylon’s mom’s birthday.
Waylon was parented by a wonderful mother.
Tips on how to be an incredible parent from the perspective of a former child.
1. Feed your kids real food.
2. Provide your kids real entertainment without screen-time.
“Nature is just waiting to cheer you up, bring you back.” ~ Waylon Lewis
3. Allow them to learn danger step by step. It’s actually safer to allow some sense of freedom/danger/fear.
4. Do free stuff. Take them to the library, museum and parks. There is amazing community stuff to do for free. The farmer’s market is always fun.
5. Trick your kids into thinking that they are intelligent. Appreciate the simplicity of convincing your kids that they are a good person by treating them like they’re a good person.
7. Value good eduacation.
8. Value social responsibility.
“The days are long but the years are short.” ~ Gretchen Rubin
Eating homemade food cooked with love nourishes us like nothing else.
Shop at the farmer’s market.
“Basic Goodness is our Human Nature.” ~ Chogyam Trungpa
Ashleigh’s favorite elephant journal article by Waylon’s mom, Linda Lewis: Drive all Blames into One.
Ashleigh’s favorite parenting article on elephant journal: The Good Mother.
Commercial break: A great time to Meditate.
“The present is like a plant growing out of the past and extenging into the future.” ~ Waylon Lewis
Get Waylon’s book:elephantjournal.com/books <3
We got your social mediums right heah:
Get our best, new conversations through our Walk the Talk Show newsletter.
On Facebook? “Like” Walk the Talk Show.
Listen: Walk your Talk on your commute or over dishes with Soundcloud.
Subscribe directly to our award-winning Youtube Channel.
Editor: Ashleigh Hitchcock
Image: Instagram @walkthetalkshow