It’s easy to feel overwhelmed, disheartened, and downright discouraged when what (or, sometimes, who) we want in life isn’t happening for us.
This is the place where I find myself right now. I’m impatient to achieve the desires of my heart.
At times like these, I find that I have to remind myself that I can only do so much. I’ve put in the work on my end—and now, I need to remember to trust the timing of the universe.
Here are a few quotes to remind us that timing is absolutely everything:
1. “She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them.” ~ Beau Taplin
2. “You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.” ~ Paulo Coelho
3. “Give people time. Give people space. Don’t beg anyone to stay. Let them roam. What’s meant for you will always be yours.” ~ Reyna Biddy
4. “If something is important to you, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” ~ Elon Musk
5. “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” ~ the Dalai Lama
6. “Time is a patient teacher, and so, you must be a patient student. The wisdom of things not working out isn’t revealed until much later.” ~ J.M. Storm
7. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” ~ Zip Ziglar
8. “If it doesn’t open, it’s not your door.” ~ unknown author
9. “Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead, let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?” ~ Rumi
10. “What’s coming will come, and we’ll meet it when it does.” ~ J. K. Rowling
11. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ~ Paulo Coelho
12. “You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings.” ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
13. “Life is all about timing…the unreachable becomes reachable. The unavailable becomes available. The unattainable…attainable. Have the patience; wait it out. It’s all about timing.” ~ Stacey Charter
14. “Difficulty is the name of an ancient tool that was created purely to help us define who we are.” ~ Paulo Coelho
15. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” ~ Mandy Hale
16. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ~ Paulo Coelho
17. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.” ~ Paulo Coelho
18. “Anything I’ve ever done that was ultimately worthwhile initially scared me to death.” ~ Betty Bender
19. “Don’t stop when you are tired. Stop when you are done.” ~ unknown author
20. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” ~ John Lennon
It’s so easy to lose ourselves in worry and stress.
We can find ourselves besieged by anxiety and doubts, but it’s important to remember that everything that we dream of will come in its own perfect timing. We can’t force that timing, but we can put in the effort on our own end and then trust the timing of the results. It’s not easy.
I’ve had sleepless nights on top of anxious days trying to force the timing—and I can tell you that it just doesn’t work that way. But, in the meantime—while we’re waiting for all the things we want to come to us—here are a few quick tips:
>> We can’t forget to live our lives. Life is happening right now, and we need to be present in each moment to enjoy it.
>> It’s okay to rest. Chasing a dream is great, but we also need time to recharge. Eat well, sleep extra, exercise, and meditate.
>> We can focus on sending out our positive energy by centering ourselves. When we’re stressed and worried, the only vibes we send out are anxious and insecure.
>> We must believe absolutely in ourselves and in our dreams. Part of that belief is remembering to trust the timing.
Author: Crystal Jackson
Editor: Yoli Ramazzina
Copy Editor: Callie Rushton
Social Editor: Callie Rushton