View this post on Instagram
Sometimes all we really need is a kick in the pants.
That’s what I needed when one of my friends introduced me to Rachel Hollis.
If there’s one word to describe #1 New York Times bestseller and motivational speaker Rachel Hollis, it’s “inspirational.”
While she talks about self-love, she also demands that we run after our dreams, that we use our days to the fullest, that we stop making excuses for all the things we aren’t accomplishing.
Save one or two (or all) of these for those days when you lose your motivational pizzazz:
1. “Comparison is the death of joy, and the only person you need to be better than is the one you were yesterday.”
2. “Friends, it’s not about the goal or the dream you have. It’s about who you become on your way to that goal.”
3. “Our words have power, but our actions shape our lives.”
4. “Girl, get ahold of your life. Stop medicating, stop hiding out, stop being afraid, stop giving away pieces of yourself, stop saying you can’t do it. Stop the negative self-talk, stop abusing your body, stop putting it off for tomorrow or Monday or next year. Stop crying about what happened and take control of what happens next. Get up, right now. Rise up from where you’ve been, scrub away the tears and the pain of yesterday, and start again.”
5. “Nothing that lasts is accomplished quickly. Nobody’s entire legacy is based on a single moment, but rather the collection of one’s experiences. If you’re lucky, your legacy will be a lifetime in the making.”
6. “When you really want something, you will find a way. When you don’t really want something, you’ll find an excuse.”
7. “You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become and how happy you are.”
8. “God has perfect timing, and it’s highly possible that by not being where you thought you should be, you will end up exactly where you’re meant to go.”