View this post on Instagram
Try filling your glass with turmeric mint lemonade. It’s super refreshing and detoxifying. Now you can detox while you detox and put aside the detox/retox model of partying.
Turmeric is a bright, yellow spice that has tremendous health benefits. Curcumin, an important bioactive compound found in turmeric, has a wide array of healing properties. This powerful anti-inflammatory does everything from curing skin disorders to relieving joint pain, regulating hormones, and preventing cancer.
I use turmeric in cooking frequently, but created this easy drink recipe so that I could whip up something scrumptiously turmeric on a summer day.
Turmeric mint lemonade will cool you off when it’s hot outside. In fact, I guzzle this healthy, sugar-free lemonade all summer long. And it’s a great healthy mocktail for the sober curious.
When you make this turmeric mint lemonade recipe, you’ll heat the ground spices (turmeric, ginger, and pepper) to release their bioactive compounds. It’s like making a tea and letting the herbs steep into it.
Easy Iced Turmeric Tea Recipe
2 cups water
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
⅛ teaspoons stevia
2 cups ice cubes
16 fresh mint leaves
1. In a medium pot, bring water, turmeric, ginger, and pepper to boil.
2. Remove from heat and steep mixture 15 minutes.
3. Using a nut milk bag, strain mixture into a one quart mason jar.
4. Stir in lemon juice and stevia.
5. Place ice cubes into two glasses or pint mason jars.
6. Pour turmeric mixture into jars over ice.
7. Divide mint leaves between glasses.
What’s your favorite way to get turmeric into your diet? Leave a comment and let us know!