Well, here we are—smack dab in the middle of the holiday season.
Sales galore, more sweets than any one person should ever attempt to consume, and credit cards practically melting from the amount of swiping happening.
Didn’t think so.
I don’t know what it is about this year, but, something’s different for me. Maybe for you too. Or, maybe I just feel this way every year and then I forget over the next 300-plus days until we land here again. Who knows.
Either way, just some small reminders to cut yourself (and others) a break:
10. Everyone’s exhausted.
9. Everyone’s feeling the pressure of consumerism/mounting debt.
8. Not everyone has a supportive family of origin.
7. Some of us have “upgraded” from everyday anxiety to “fancy holiday anxiety.”
6. We are all just trying to do our best.
5. Some of us are grieving.
4. Some of us are living with mental health and/or addiction issues.
3. Being a human is tough sometimes. <Insert personal reasons here.>
2. What we have, who we are, and what we share with the world is (already) enough.
1. We are all worthy of having our boundaries respected and being and feeling safe and loved.
*While not *all* of these apply to *all* of us, let’s do out best to remember that we’re a global village—this month, and all throughout the year.