*Whether astrology is science or magic, we’re open to most things, if they may be of benefit. ~ Ed.
It’s here. It’s more vivid and real and raw than I had imagined.
My soul knew it was coming. Knew that somehow, I was born for this time—the Age of Aquarius, the time to hearken the siren song of that beautiful, sentient star on the horizon guiding humanity to a new hereafter. I am ready. And, ready or not, here it is.
As an Aquarius, I’ve always felt like somewhat of a not-so-welcome guest here on Earth. I’ve struggled with what seems like the base level of deception we must tell ourselves in order to flourish in this society. I have a strong, deep need to listen to, and live my own truth. It’s a powerful drive—even greater, seemingly, than the will to physically survive, and it hasn’t always been easy. Particularly in relationships. But it’s just how I am programmed.
But now, I sense a shift. I feel like I belong! People are seeing me in a way I have never experienced. I feel like I have something valuable to contribute—instead of being the weirdo in the corner, pontificating about the control agendas inherent in capitalist society. Now, this weirdo has company! Followers, even. I can live in alignment with my own integrity and not be ostracized. I can even be a teacher to others who seek greater authenticity. I feel like I’ve been saying the same things for years, and now (finally), people are listening. Perhaps the earth has finally caught up with me.
Maybe I can’t chalk this all up to astrology. I’m sure much of it likely has to do with my own personal growth and development—in listening to myself, in healing to the point where I feel I have something to contribute, where I feel like I belong.
But as far as astrology goes, this is a time where the weirdos have center stage.
And as your friendly neighborhood Aquaralien, here is your guide to navigating these electrified, Uranian waters of the Age of Aquarius—and some predictions as well:
1. Evolve or die: The old ways and egoic patterns we’ve been used to aren’t serving us—collectively, or individually. We might come to a place where we just can’t do what we used to. We can hit our head against that wall until we can’t take it anymore or we can realize those patterns simply don’t serve us any longer. We can honor them, and the fact that they brought us to the here and now. But in the Age of Aquarius, evolution is not a choice. We have to find better ways of doing things, better ways of living and loving ourselves, and others. If we are rigid and stuck in our old patterns and ways of thinking, we will face—if not death—then deep suffering, which we will experience until we choose to change.
2. Be authentic, be weird: Aquarians are known, more than any other sign, as the weirdos of the zodiac. We just can’t be bothered to do things any way besides our own. And that’s not because we try to be weird or eccentric. It’s because we are dedicated to authenticity: that deep, powerful desire to show up as 100 percent ourselves. And the irony is, that we are also the sign associated with community and humanitarianism. How on earth does this all add up?
When we bring our whole selves to the table, and only then, are we able to exist in the community in a real way. When we allow our eccentricities, our vulnerabilities, and our flaws to shine through, we can connect to others in an authentic and genuine way. We can create true inclusiveness and true community, where we are genuinely accepted for who we are. That, my friends, is the world that Aquarians (at least this one) want to inhabit and want to build—one where we can all show up authentically and be accepted. So express your eccentricities, bring your strangenesses out to play. Your community, and the world, needs it.
3. The Renaissance 2.0: According to many astrologers, and to my own visions and intuitions about the future, this next year will be the start of a period of intense creativity, humanitarianism, and collectivism. Many of the old systems will continue to break down—such as banks, cash currency, and even governments. The hierarchical structures of society will become more egalitarian, and people will live more from their hearts rather than their heads. One important aspect of this prediction is that these things won’t change out of thin air. Though the time is ripe for many of these changes, it’s ultimately up to us to create the better world that we want to live in.
4. Let go of societal expectations and/or society: We have given up much of our sovereignty by allowing governments, jobs, and other authorities to dictate much of how we live our lives. The Aquarian age is all about reclaiming our true sovereignty and becoming the masters/mistresses of our own domain. We need to stop blaming outer institutions for the circumstances of our lives—the blame only gets us stuck in victimization. Instead, we need to realize that these institutions are there only because we have allowed them to be—and we absolutely have the power to build different institutions that better serve the needs of the whole. In fact, I believe many of us are being called to do just that.
5. We are all one: I believe that the Age of Aquarius will cause a massive shift in consciousness for most humans on this planet—from identifying with a small, egoic sense of self, to shifting to an understanding that we are all, indeed, connected and part of a vast spectrum of life from the same Divine source. Like waves in the ocean, deep down we are all unified. Seeing things from this perspective is a very different experience than that of just protecting one’s own interests and values. Of course, that won’t completely go away but humanity, more and more, will be shifting to this truth.
I hope you’re as excited as I am about the wonderful opportunities that await humanity in this next epoch. So grab your tinfoil hats, wear your crocs with socks, and let’s go!