View this post on Instagram
“Whether it’s science or magic, if it’s of fun benefit, enjoy!” ~ Ed.
There are undeniable connections between the moon and our emotions, sleep, energy levels, plants and nature, dreams, cycles, and moods.
I do not study western astrology (although I lean on it, often turning to my favorite astrologer, Mimi at Gaia Blooming), and I am also not a moon expert. I am a Subtle Energy Medicine practitioner who relies on the wisdom of the moon for just about everything; my exercise regimen, menstrual cycle, business decisions, and scheduling events such as doctor’s appointments and haircuts.
The wisdom of the moon can advise us what to do, what to ask, and how to do it if we listen. And for those like me who are moon sensitive, the call to listen is even more significant, so that the experience can be more pleasant.
When a new moon and full moon come around, I observe, intuit, and act.
The Gemini new moon is no exception. It is happening Thursday, June 10, 2021, at 5:52 a.m. (at least where I am in the world—St. Louis MO, CST), and it brings a cycle of learning energy!
Here is a nine-point checklist to help navigate the new of the Gemini New Moon:
1. Be social. This can look different for everyone; online, in-person, via letters, within the family unit. To maximize the energy, be expressive and communicative.
2. Choose words wisely. With Mercury (the planet of communication) retrograding, there is a chance communication may not come across as intended. We can all benefit from thinking about our feelings, choosing our words wisely, and focusing on honestly communicating.
3. Prepare for change. The Gemini New Moon invites us to prepare for a big juicy change, that may have been a long time coming!
4. Notice what is stagnant. It can help to make room for any change when we notice what has been stuck. Make a list of all of the things that have been inactive and feel like a bothersome snag.
5. Think well. Energy follows thought, and we draw to us the resources we think about it. So think about vital resources as we prepare for the new. Focus on what is wanted, not the opposite.
6. Don’t procrastinate. Being mindful of putting off decisions, and noticing where we are ruminating or worrying is vital at this time to maximize the forward-moving energy. If there is a debatable new contract of any sort, it is important to do plenty of research.
7. Turn a stone. Think about the adage “leave no stone unturned.” To begin welcoming in the new, we can take action on a nudge calling out. It might be signing up for a class, visiting a coffee shop that we are drawn to, or reaching out to an old friend who has been present in thought.
8. Play in intuition. Many people may find their intuition is heightened during this moon. Now is a supportive time to develop intuition and practice a deeper trust, especially for empathic and highly sensitive people.
9. Connect or reconnect with Spirit. Whatever the relationship and connection have been, now is an excellent time to deepen it. Meditate, pray, spend time outside, do breathwork, and start the day connected to God.
Even doing one of these can be helpful.
I’d love to hear from you if you do try one or two of these! Perhaps it will nudge you into a new space. Mark your calendar for six months from now on the Gemini Full Moon—review your intentions and actions, and see what has transpired. May you enjoy the new!