View this post on Instagram
I am not good at dating: it is tiring, it takes a lot of effort, and more often than not I just meet real creeps.
Finding someone suitable to date, getting all dressed up to meet him, playing the follow up calls and nice text messaging game, appearing at my best all the time, meeting his friends and family or introducing him to my friends and family are all causes of stress, and the benefits I get in return are really not worth trying most of the time.
Yes, boyfriends can be fun and I do consider getting one sometimes, but what I really like is cats. They are so much better than boyfriends.
And here are 10 reasons why I think cats are better than boyfriends:
1. All cats are cute. I dare anybody say the same about men.
2. Cats don’t argue back, ever. At most, they meow back—and that’s kind of cute. But I’ll never have to fight for the remote control with them.
3. Cats listen to me. Or at least, they can pretend much better than men.
4. Cats don’t snore. Ok, some of them do really. But a cat that snores is cute. A man that snores is annoying.
5. Cats don’t care about what I wear. Pajamas or dressing gown, it’s all good to them. I will always look like a queen.
6. I can have more than one cat. In fact, I can have three. I can’t have more than one boyfriend.
7. Cats are not jealous. They won’t ask where I’ve been all day, or the last 3 days. Ok, some are slightly possessive, and they do get mad if I leave them alone. But you get my point.
8. Cats are easy to impress. I point a finger to their nose, and they will be entertained. I throw them a ball, and they find that entertaining. Granted: some men will also be entertained if I throw them a ball.
9. I don’t need to show off cooking or cleaning skills with cats. A man may expect me to cook a romantic dinner for him, even when I are a total disaster at cooking and I’d rather be having a salad. A cat will beg to eat whatever gross food I am eating, making me feel quite like a chef.
10. Cats don’t care if I am messy. On the other hand, when I do my best to be tidy, they won’t make a mess of my place (well, most of the time at least).
11. Cat’s won’t ever leave the toilet seat up. Try and force a man to do that.
I can build a long lasting relationship with a cat, quite literally for life. I’ve tried to do that with some men, and I have failed miserably.
I don’t have to worry about meeting a cat’s friends and family, and in turn, my family and friends all love my cats.