Naughty language ahead!
I always think how lucky I am to be surrounded by powerful women.
I’ve always believed in the idea that our lives are largely determined by the five people closest to us. And so, I choose my relationships based on how a friend makes me feel—if they inspire me to be a better human being, and to dream bigger.
Over the past year, I have met a number of women (and men) who take charge of their lives. The kind of people with an energy I gravitate toward, people I naturally want to be around.
These kinds of human beings can only be described as boss-ass bitches.
Here’s a little to-the-point list of a few powerful lessons I’ve learned from them:
- Say no, and mean it.
- Stand with your shoulders back, and heart wide open.
- Run toward your feelings with open arms. Numbing our emotions gets us nowhere.
- Trust. Your. Gut.
- Get turned on by your own pleasure—seek satisfaction in bed, be in charge of your own orgasms by asking for what you need. Masturbate in the mirror.
- Say I love you only when you mean it.
- Be afraid and do the thing anyways.
- Live this truth: that how we do one thing is how we do all things.
- Know that life is simpler than your mind makes it up to be.
- Start your own business, if so inspired.
- Start again if it fails.
- Recognize that failure is not a dirty word.
- Honour people’s energy and time. Do or do not do. Don’t be a flake.
- Tell the truth.
- Tell your truth.
- Do not try to change anyone. Seek only your own approval.
- Know that love is your birthright.
- Feed your body real food.
- Graciously allow others to take care of you when you need it.
- Have mentors.
- Ask for help.
- Never settle for someone else’s dreams.
- Take advice with an open mind. Remember that you are the best expert on you.
- Spend time in nature.
- Command your presence in a room.
- Do not sugarcoat your friends’ bullshit. Call them out.
- Seek community over competition.
- Be your own knight in shining armour.
- Let people build their own pedestals to stand on—through their actions and words.
- Receive love.
- Fuck everything else.
Author: Annabelle Blythe
Editors: Waylon Lewis & Caitlin Oriel