No matter what type of 2017 you’ve had, it is going to come to an end in just a short time.
Maybe this is good news? Perhaps all you are thinking right now is: Good riddance 2017—I am done with you!
Or, maybe 2017 was a great year, and you are sad to see it in end.
The truth is that the universe really doesn’t care. Time keeps turning no matter how we feel about it, and 2018 is almost here.
Everything that occurred during this last year of our lives is now in the past, and it is time to let it go.
Of course, every previous day of our lives—and even every previous moment of our lives—is also in the past and can be let go—if we choose to. But, having a societally set moment in time when we start again can be a great reminder and motivator to move with enthusiasm into our future, even though it is unknown.
The world is full of suffering. That is the truth. And what it needs to heal is for all of us to show up as the badasses we are and contribute with our voices, minds, hearts, and thoughts to the changes we know we need to be making.
This isn’t the time to play small. It is the time for all of us to show up—even if it is scary and confusing. We just need to do it anyway!
The ups and downs that have occurred in the last 12 months have led us exactly to this moment.
This moment may feel full of possibility, dread, excitement, fear, or shame. It doesn’t matter. The point is that we have this moment. We have this moment to decide how we are going to forge ahead with our lives.
Is it going to be with doom and gloom, thinking that life never works out for us?
Or can we convince ourselves to embrace some degree of optimism? Or make choices to move our lives in the direction of integrity and authenticity we know we are ready for?
Yes, this is a pep talk!
We are starting again—again!
And we all need some strong words to help us be motivated to put our best foot forward in terms of how we steer our minds and hearts in 2018, so that we can have outcomes that bring us growth—and not more of the same ruts we have fallen into in the past.
Here are some quotes to help remind you that, yes, challenges happen—but you got this! It is not the challenges that define you, but how you act within the challenge.
1. “The difference between a good life and a bad life is how well you walk through the fire.” ~ Carl Jung
2. “If the only prayer you ever say is ‘thank you’ that will be enough.” ~ Meister Eckhart
3. “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.” ~ Brene Brown
4. “I can finally see that all the terrible parts of my life, the embarrassing parts, the incidents I wanted to pretend never happened, and the things that make me ‘weird’ and ‘different,’ were actually the most important parts of my life. They were the parts that made me—me.” ~ Jenny Lawson
5. “Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to. As your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are, instead of who you think you are supposed to be.” ~ Shonda Rhimes
May your badass self shine a light for all to see in 2018!
14 Aspirations for a Happier New Year.
The Buddha’s Four New Year’s Resolutions.
Author: Ruth Lera
Image: Instagram @elephantjournal
Editor: Yoli Ramazzina
Copy Editor: Callie Rushton
Social Editor: Lindsey Block
Read 0 comments and reply