On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
The ability to see things clearly!
To see the blessings right in front of me:
1. It’s a brisk, chilly December morning, and I was given another day to awaken with anticipation for my favorite cup of peppermint mocha.
2. The pine candles flickering along with the fire.
3. The Hallmark Christmas movies and my festive holiday cup that is filled with joy.
4. The bright and shiny decorations that make my heart smile.
5. The fuzzy, oversized Christmas pajamas! They fit so comfortably.
6. The taste of the holidays in every nibble.
7. Days of asking the TV to record every movie that tickles my memory bank with love.
8. Sharing the comfy couch with my wife. Snuggling up with matching snowflake throws to keep us warm.
9. The words impressing on my heart as I hear our daughter asking for hot cocoa and marshmallows, knowing that with each sip, she takes these moments with her forever.
10. The smell of a warm pot of soup simmering on the stove for a family dinner and a new holiday show to remember.
11. Thinking about the next outing that we can share—the ones that keep each moment full of December fun.
12. The dogs curled up and nuzzled in our sides. They are completely full of love with every breath I can hear them take.
My thankful heart beats so loudly that I can feel it in my throat.
I try not to cry, but each moment brings me such joy. I can sit quietly and reminisce with many years of December love.
This one is quite different and for so many reasons, but today, I choose to feel blessed, thankful, and grateful—with a full and heavy heart.
Merry December wishes!
Read 2 comments and reply