This is the recipe that my friends and family go mad for, but until now, nobody knew how easy they were to make.
Paleo, Keto, vegan, plant-based, veggie—the list goes on. There are so many diets and ways of eating that do work. But there are numerous ways we make a mess of them, and in turn of our bodies since we have forgotten one key point: that the body will flourish when we feed it what it genuinely recognised as food.
This recipe is full of healthful and natural ingredients that will delight both your tastebuds and waistline. You can freeze the scones individually or share and enjoy in one sitting. I love these with a dollop of coconut (or regular) yoghurt and some fresh strawberries roughly chopped and/or blitzed in the blender to make a no-nonsense, non-preserve jam.
This recipe is comfort food at its best, enjoyed hot or cold, without the stodgy sense of having eaten pasta or bread. It will fill and feed your mind, soul, and stomach. This dessert is one of the most delicious ways to get in our five fruits and vegetables a day.
I am on a mission to share recipes that are healthy, filling, and that will keep you on track with feeding the body fresh nutrients that can satisfy both the stomach and the heart. It’s super easy to cook, and it will impress anyone you cook for at home or away.
Pear and strawberry scones:
100g coconut flour
250g steel cut oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
¼ tsp sea salt
60g dried apricots
1 egg, beaten
360 ml oat/coconut milk
2 ripe bananas
3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Combine dry ingredients well in a large bowl.
3. Mash the bananas in a medium bowl and add remaining wet ingredients. Stir well.
4. Core and cube the pear and add to the wet mixture.
5. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and combine well until a sticky dough forms.
6. Cut dough into 10-14 even rounds and place on a lined baking tray.
7. Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden.
9. Serve hot or cold with strawberries, yoghurt, jam custard, coconut yoghurt or fresh banana ice cream!
Read 0 comments and reply