We are so used to being in survival mode that we don’t know that we are in fact in survival mode.
How would you know if that’s all you ever knew?
You can tell by the way you cling to safety, security, your old stories and habits that keep you in your comfort place, the place you know.
We all carry coping mechanisms that have helped us survive. It’s our natural instinct to survive. The instinct from our primal, reptilian brain.
But those same coping mechanisms don’t help us to thrive, they only keep us at status quo.
As soon as we strive forward, the ego kicks in to try keep us where the ego believes it’s safer.
We start saving and look for ways to cut our needs instead of looking for ways to support our dreams.
This lower frequency vibration is like glue keeping us in a dense place that has no room for movement or growth.
Realize how you are keeping yourself in your known safe zone and ask yourself if that reality is supporting your needs and your dreams.
If not, you know you have to loosen your grip and let yourself fall into the vast space of the unknown, the place where dreams come from.
Ask yourself today where you may need to loosen your egos grip or what addictions and thinking patterns may be keeping you in a lower, denser frequency.
Sit with yourself, take a few deep breaths to connect with the present moment, then consider the following questions. Contemplate and write down the answers that come to you, even if it may seem very simple.
- How are you feeling in this moment?
- What thoughts have been preoccupying your mind?
- How have you been sleeping?
- What is your financial situation?
- How is your relationship with yourself? And how are your relationships with others?
- Do you stop yourself from doing things that you know would bring you true happiness?
- If so, what are the stories you come up with that cause you to not take action on your dreams?
List all stories.
- Ask yourself; are those stories true or are they a reflection of how you see yourself and what you believe about yourself?
- If you did not carry those believes, what would you do right now, tomorrow or next week?
After contemplating your answers and noticing how they hang together, can you now understand that you are the one in the way of yourself creating the life you love? Can you now see where you need to loosen your grip?