View this post on Instagram
“Whether it’s science or magic, if it’s of fun benefit, enjoy!” ~ ed
It is the unborn baby who initiates the labour process, a separation from mother, by releasing hormones that signal her body to give birth.
Most of us enter the world headfirst, headstrong, curious, and ready to take a step closer to our independence.
Aries represents this entry into the world and the new life cycle that begins at our first breath.
That breath draws great spirit into our bodies and the spirit of the earth into our being. It fans the flame of our inner fire, the mystical fire of creation, which transforms energy into passion, desire, and action.
The will to be, to experience, to explore, and to grow is our Aries instinct. That’s why Aries, with its ruling planet Mars, represents the masculine warrior archetype, because it takes courage to step into our own new world.
We can each lean into this archetype for strength when it’s time to step into a new direction, remembering that with each new beginning there is a letting go.
That time is now.
Are you feeling a pull toward a new direction?
At long last, there is momentum in the air! Can you feel the shift starting to take place?
The energy that has been building up to this Full Moon will offer us more clarity, drive, courage, and a strong desire to take action in an area of life we’ve been passionate about. It will have us rethinking our approach toward our passions, life, relationships, and it may even inspire us to venture into a different direction all together!
There are six things we can expect during this massive shift:
1. We’ve just come out of a heavy retrograde season with four planets turning direct in the lead-up to the Full Moon (Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter, and Mercury respectively). Retrograde planets slow us down to reflect, revise, and course correct, which is great for staying on track with our purpose but can create a feeling of stagnation, being stuck, or confused. As planets turn direct, though, we might personally gain more understanding, energy, and a refined sense of purpose and drive.
2. Full Moons illuminate, so we may also begin to gain clarity on a topic that we’ve been unclear about. Or, we may receive information that sheds a new light, which can change our perspective about a person, situation, or ourselves.
3. Aries is a cardinal sign, and like Libra, Cancer, and Capricorn, it initiates us into a new season. This cardinal energy will create a sense of urgency within us and activate an instinctual drive forward that we can’t deny.
4. Pluto is forming a stressful aspect to the Sun and Mars in Libra and to the Moon across the sky in Aries. Pluto can bring hard truths to the surface, asking questions about power and forcing us to transform our circumstances. The T-square forming on this Full Moon can feel like an intense birthing process, painful but eventually rewarding. What it’s asking us to birth is a sense of self that honours our individual need for independence while evolving the spirit of harmony and collaboration with others. It is asking that power to be brought back into balance so that we can thrive in our purpose and relationships.
5. Mars, the ruler of Aries, is in close proximity to the Sun in Libra, bringing extra fire and energy to what we are putting our attention on; it is activating an instinctual desire to take action. When Mars meets the Sun, it begins a new two-year cycle. This cycle was also initiated in Libra, highlighting relationships, harmony, balance, equality, justice, beauty, and love for the next two years. And on this Full Moon, we need to take actions that improve these qualities, but also to shed any beliefs or limitations that hinder us from evolving in harmony.
6. Jupiter turned direct in Aquarius, which represents community, friendship, individual uniqueness, and innovation. This shift will bring a change in how we connect with our friends, community, and associations, and more importantly, how we perceive them and they perceive us. This is a positive aspect that will bring optimism, hope, joy, and an expanded, open-minded type of thinking that can heal divides.
What new direction are you ready to step into?
Who do you want to be in the world?
What service do you want to offer?
What actions do you want to take on this Full Moon that support your purpose and unique self-expression?
What can you let go of to become that?
How can you bring balance in the relationships that can support your growth?
How can you collaborate with others so all may thrive?
What will it take to create that change?
Full Moons indicate endings, and with Pluto active in the sky, there is a shedding that needs to happen, a transformation that will help you evolve into the next direction.
The Libra and Aries archetypes ask us to balance our process of individuation in harmonious relationships, but also let go of any that create disharmony. They are asking us to collaborate and cocreate rather than rise to the top of our ambitions in competition and alone.
The peaceful warrior is the one who achieves the most, because when he acts from love and peace, he creates better long-term outcomes than when he acts from anger and conflict (which are the shadow side of Aries); he also leaves behind a healthy world, rather then the rubble and anguish of war.
The masculine warrior takes care of the village by working in harmony with other warriors to protect and support, because he knows it takes more than one, and the better the collaboration the more effective in their goal.
Collaboration is the way on Earth, and it is a beautiful dance between the individual and the all.
You see, though the newborn baby took a step toward its individual purpose, it remained in relationship with mother, and that relationship is vital for its survival. But not only is the relationship necessary, it is mutually beneficial—both mother and baby experience love, joy, and vital lessons that inspire growth.
Who would you become as you took that first breath in a new world?
Who would you take with you?
And would you leave a legacy you can be proud of as you look back on the steps you took toward your personal goals?