View this post on Instagram
Who doesn’t like listening to music?
Music is there for us through the ups and downs. Through breakups with heart-wrenching songs. Through our creative process with instrumental pieces that help us focus. Through loud and edgy songs that make us want to jump and dance and scream at the top of our lungs.
And it’s also there when we’re feeling down and looking for anything to lift us up.
Being the emotional person I am, when I’m feeling upset and unable to listen to sad music (while warding the tears off), I look for songs that can lift my mood up and give me a nice pause from the dreadful thoughts that might be haunting me.
They don’t have to be songs about being happy. I also focus on the beat and melody.
So, without further ado, here’s a list of (old and new-ish) songs that put me in a better mood:
1. “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves.
2. “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles.
3. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars.
4. “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin.
5. “I Got You (I Feel Good)” by James Brown.
6. “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley.
7. “Treat People with Kindness” by Harry Styles.
8. “Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles.
9. “Juice” by Lizzo.
10. “Riptide” by Vance Joy.
11. “Sugar” by Maroon 5.
12. “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
13. “Johnny B. Goode” by Chuck Berry.
14. “The Chain” by Fleetwood Mac.
15. “Night Time is the Right Time” by Ray Charles.
Do you have any other song suggestions? Something that makes you happy?
I’d love to add it to my list!