View this post on Instagram
So much of what Maya Angelou wrote and said was so inspiring, so powerful.
She spoke and wrote with such power and such grace.
Her words ooze strength.
Often when I read her quotes, I just can’t help but smile.
Here are 12 Maya Angelou quotes that will make you feel like you can fly:
1. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
2. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
3. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”
4. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
5. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
6. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.”
7. “If one has courage, nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
8. “When you learn, teach, when you get, give.”
9. “I’ve learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.”
10. “I believe that the most important single thing, beyond discipline and creativity is daring to dare.”
11. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
12. “Success is loving life and daring to live it!”
Read 7 comments and reply